Wesson Builders is the proud winner of two awards at the 2013 HBA Toledo Choice Awards for Best Kitchen and Best Renovation.
Wesson Builders Won the 2014 Best Renovation & Best Kitchen Award!
This brick river ranch home was built in 1979; had three bedrooms; 1 ½ bathrooms with 1,772 SF. The home was renovated inside and out top to bottom with little of the home left untouched. Nearly every wall was moved and/or removed to have uninterrupted and heightened views of the spectacular river. Post renovation, the home added another bedroom/den toward the river and an addition added 220 SF of living space, increasing home value.
The homeowners are retirees relocating from Arizona to Toledo. Their key home renovation components included:
- Energy efficient
- The home remained warm in the cold Ohio winters
- On a fixed income, that their energy bills would be at a minimum
- The floor plan layout was open for river views and their active lives
- Low maintenance
From the design phase to item selections to construction, the build was coordinated remotely, communicating via email, mail, web meetings and other mediums. This added complexity when working with hidden obstacles. The winter weather also proved to be challenging with no insulation in the home and keeping the house warm and pipes from freezing. Every good weather day counted extra to keep on schedule and on budget.
The home renovation included the energy efficiency at every turn including:
- R21/R15 wall insulation
- R38/R60 ceiling insulation with new roof
- Conditioned crawl space
- Concrete addition floor foam
- Owens Corning Energy Complete® system
- Efficient windows
- High efficiency furnace and A/C unit
- Electrical reran throughout house including new panel
- Tankless hot water heater
- Energy star appliances and fixtures with LED lighting
After the renovation was complete a HERS energy efficiency rating was completed by an outside firm. The home received a five star rating, which is in the top percentage of homes (including new home builds) for efficiency!